Monday, July 9, 2018

2018 Peacock Triathlon Photos

2018 Peacock Triathlon Photos

Every year, Ken Pientka hosts the White Lake Peacock Triathlon.  It is a modified triathlon, suitable for all ages.  I don't have the exact distances, but it's something like a 300 yard swim, a 9 mile bike ride and a 2 mile run.  Arrangements are flexible.  If you don't want to do a 3 parts, you are welcome to form a team or just do the parts you like.

Ken's wife Marilyn and a crew of timekeepers keep track of everything, and everyone has a good time.  Typically Ken sends me photos and asks me when I'm going to put them on the old html website.  This year, I'm putting some up before he even sent them to me. Thanks to Suzanne Richter's facebook post, please enjoy these shots from the 2018 Peacock Tri.  (Click on the photo to see a larger version.)

The coveted Peacock Tri Trophy on Display

Marilyn and her timing crew waiting for swimmers.

Spectators watching the swimming.  Transition area to bikes is up the stairs.

Ken finishes and gets some much-needed hydration.

Crossing the finish line.

Chris, the winner with his prize.

Group photo, but not the whole group.

Results.  I believe the top half is for those who chose to run all 3 legs themselves. The bottom half is for teams.  I like how Jon Elf had two runners, Dory and her dad, so he could choose the best time!

No comments:

Post a Comment